Friday, April 4, 2008

Crocus, Crocuses or Croci?

I wasn't sure what the plural form of speech is for my tiny flowers. Turns out, any of the above are acceptable. Interesting, huh. I'm sure that's been plaguing your thoughts...

So, I'm finally implementing more of Candace's photography advice from a long, long time ago. I have read my camera manual & pulled my camera and tripod out today to try a few things. Oh, it seems like there is so much to learn!

I took these photos in a shady area of my yard. I thought a higher exposure would do me well, but it turns out I liked the ones with less exposure, especially on the white flowers--it gave them much more texture. I mainly just messed with exposure today. I would have loved to get closer shots, but I'm still working on getting it to stay in focus when I get really close.

Of course, I would love to become as good as my new amateur idol, Pioneer Woman. You know, she and I are quickly becoming best friends...even if it is a bit one-sided. :)




14 comments:

Rachel said...

beautiful shots! What kind of camera do you have?

Heather said...

I LOVE that second picture...aren't flowers beautiful?!?!?

Unknown said...

I would love to be able to take pictures like that.. i guess i need a decent camera first though. Your pictures inspire me though to start trying!

Hillman Family said...

Keri, I saw your blog link on Diantha Walling's blog and had to check it out. Your kids are adorable! I am impressed with your photography skills and your gardening skills. Hope to hear from you!
Dayna Hillman

corine said...

how pretty- i need to get some planted- i'm sure your sick of looking at my beautiful weeds

Vanessa said...

Ooh! Those are all beautiful...I'm jealous!

Keri said...

Rach & anyone else interested--our camera is a Kodak EasyShare Z7590. It's a really nice camera, but nothing professional.

Paul and Rebecca Jones said...

That makes me miss Utah. I love Crocuses.

Janell said...

You're good! I need some help with gardening (flowers and vegetable). I want you to come over and give me a bit of your knowledge :)

Amanda said...

Oh, how I love spring flowers! They are so beautiful!

Danica said...

Yeah! Spring! What pretty flowers! I haven't done much yard work, it has always overwhelmed me but this year I'm determained to plant flowers and a tree or so. I also am going to start a LITTLE garden. I did do a garden three years ago and the weeds pretty much one. I had a baby that summer and the garden was too big for me to keep up with. I'm excited about working out in the yard this year.

Dixie said...

We were just told to expect snow clear until May. Haven't seen a single spring flower yet.....sigh....I think that we might have to live out our summer vicariously this year!

ollie said...

Wow! I can't believe how beautiful those are already! Did you plant those from seeds? If you did, bravo!

Lara said...

Wow, those are beautiful. The colors are so intense!