Tuesday, March 3, 2009

On my mind...

Not much blogging has happened in the past week for me, huh.  Here are some of the thought's I've had rolling around my head & what's been going on.  Be forewarned...I'm not in a very good mood today...

*First and foremost, I've been very focused on my eating and exercise.  I've been putting in 180 minutes each week of cardio & also strength training 2 days/week.  I'm so grateful Tiffany brought up her elliptical for me to use!  And I'm seeing results.  The decreased calories & increased exercise are helping me to shed the pounds & I can see and feel it in my body.  Go here if you want to follow my progress.
*I don't like doing hard things.  Sometimes (really, not very often) my church duties challenge me.  I'm challenged right now and just want to quit, but know that I can't.
*That being said, I need to be less resentful when Randy and I are asked to serve others.  I think I'm too critical of others in need and have been murmuring way too much.  And once I get going, it's hard to stop.
*I'm seeking to find balance in my life to give my girls the mom they deserve.  I feel so worn down from the challenges of the last 2 years and the challenges we're currently facing that I don't feel like doing much of anything.  Computer and TV are occupying too much of my time...very little of which is necessary.  Everything is just blah.  I want to and need to do better, but my motivation to be a true homemaker is very little.  I have so many dreams and aspirations, but I feel like I can't move beyond our present circumstances.
*Okay, I guess I really should go put on some makeup, pick up my house, sit with my kids, make some lunch, and clean up stinky, yes, stinky dishes.  Thanks for reading and not running away.  :)

11 comments:

Erin L said...

I know how you feel. Trying to find balance, and being the mom I know I should be and could be is such a challenge!

Amanda said...

It's crazy that I've been feeling many of these same feelings. I'm having issues trying to find that balance in life. Let me know when you find the magic trick.

Anonymous said...

One thing I like about blogging is realizing that a lot of my feelings are things other people feel, too. I hope you have a better day tomorrow!

Vanessa said...

Keep on losing weight, that will do the trick...keep exercising, those endorphins will make you happy! Hang in there! Love you!

Koreena said...

I can totally relate.

ollie said...

Okay, first of all, you CAN quit a calling. This is why:

Family comes first. That being said, the family's ability to handle the calling should always be taken into consideration. Now I'm not saying giving up every time you get a hard calling. Some times we ARE given callings that will be extremely demanding (and obviously blessed for such service) because the Lord needs YOU to fulfill that calling in a way no one else can at that time. However, sometimes we are given callings for different reasons.

Sometimes people are given callings because it made logical sense. Shane and I have been in plenty of meetings where it has been discussed who would do a particular calling and usually the first thing that is discussed is who logically has the time or the capability to do it. I know the Lord plays a hand in the part, but know that there are several people that could have been given the calling and it would have been okay.

Sometimes we are given callings to learn how much we can handle in our lives and how to place our priorities. To learn how to say "no". Seriously.

The Lord gives each and every one of us personal revelation about everything -- including our callings! My whole life I've always had multiple HARD callings at the same time, but for some reason I was able to handle the stress of them all (and so was my family). About 2 years ago something happened and I just couldn't do it anymore. It was all I could do to make it to church, let alone worry about doing something else. I had a calling that on the outside seemed very easy, but it was horribly stressful for me which in turn stressed out my family. I talked with the bishop about it and he was the one who told me that just because you have been given a calling, doesn't always means you have to remain in it. I had tried dutifully to complete it and I just couldn't and all of the effects from it just weren't worth it. "Family first" he said.

I hope this makes sense. But anyway, the big thing is: Think about it. Logically thing about it. Do you have the time? Could you change or simplify the way you do the calling to make it easier? Have you talked with the person over you about your stresses and if there is some way you can get some help? Is your family life suffering needlessly for this calling? Figure all of those things out first and then come up with a solution and then pray about it. You WILL be guided.

~~heather said...

Amen to what Ollie posted!

And ((HUGS)) in the blah state of mind... you are so not alone in this... nor do you have to be! Only Satan wants you to feel the way you do! Call a friend! Go play! Recharge yourself... you can't give to your family what you dont have! This too shall pass... and you will be stronger for it!
I hope tommorow brings less blah and the next day even less... you are an amazing woman! ((HUGS))

Krista Dearden said...

Venting is so necessary! Seriously, I think venting takes the place of crying as you get older, at least it did in my case! I am always better after screaming about how life sucks. Congratulations on the weight loss...keep pluggin' along!

Amy said...

You are a great mom and a person I have always looked up to. Keep going even when it's hard. Brad actually has 10 more semesters not months. Oh how I wish it was 10 months left! I made a typing error. I would love to see you this summer. Maybe we could plan a boating trip or some other fun thing! Love you tons Keri!

Tammy said...

I know how you feel, but I bet your house on it's worst day is nothing compared to mine. You keep things really well together at your house even without makeup! Who needs makeup anyways? Church is the best excuse for getting ready!

Merri Hackett said...

I think TV and internet are very necessary :) ha ha Good job on the weight loss!