Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Bits and Pieces

*Thanks for all of your words of support, emails and advice.  I'm actually feeling a bit better this week.  I hope it stays.  I don't want to have to go to the doctor over it, but will if I have to.  (Photography by Sydney.  I spared making you look at the pictures of my behind.)

*Sydney's quite the singer/actress/artist.  For the record, I do not go around the house singing & dancing all day...Randy!  But isn't she a cute singer?!

*Jenna is a real threat to the welfare of my garden.  She has pulled up broccoli, cauliflower, and onions.  I had go go buy more cauliflower because she killed them and, and 2 of the broccoli won't be making it, either.  Electric fence, anyone?!  By the way, I didn't do her hair today, but I did get her dressed.  She just really wanted her pj's on when I was folding laundry...and she was eating chocolate.  Perfect 2 year old!

*More of our little actress.  Here, she was posing for a shot of her kissing a prince.  By the way, I got some advice from my cousin, Courtney, and was able to layer her hair a bit more to thin it out.  It looks better.  This may not be the best shot of it, but hey, didn't I already confess to not combing my children's hair today?!

*Jenna has a thing for sitting our heads.  She als has a thing for jumping off furniture.  We're not sure exactly how it happened, but after she was put to bed last night we heard a loud "thud" and then crying.  I went up to comfort her & discovered she had hit her jaw on, I'm guessing, the metal bedframe.  She had a welt across her jawline and a 1/4- 1/2 inch cut.  We used a butterfly bandage and a regular bandaid & she cried herself to sleep in my arms.  She awoke this morning saying "It hurts."  Over and over.  

*And last, but not least, for all of you familiar with our original neck of the sagebrush:  Read here.  I guess I've never been to the real Four Corners!  Have you?!

9 comments:

Jackson Family said...

glad you're feeling better-you look great! I love these random bits and pieces posts, they are always my favorites.

Janae said...

Gardening, oh how I'd love to have one. You look fabulous, and so does Sydney's hair! And I hear you about the crazy 2 year olds...poor girl jumping and climbing sounds familiar. :) Hope things look up for you.

Amanda said...

I love this post Keri!

Unknown said...

I haven't.. and I have driven by there so many times I should! You're looking really good.. have you lost more weight?

Unknown said...

Ha! I wondered about the singing and dancing comment....I finally started some seeds. I hope they pop up soon! Those pics are all really good :) even sydney got you centered and didn't cut off your forehead or anything :)

Nalene said...

What great pictures! Sydney is such an adorable drama queen! She kind of reminds me of me when I was little!...not the adorable part, but the imagination!

Tammy said...

ok, I totally heard about that for the four corners! Who knew? I love the sitting on the head thing. Oh and you should look into chicken wire fence or something like that, like the McGhie's did for Charlie. You should look at their posts for last year.

Emily said...

I love Syndeys new haircut. Way to go. AND oh how I wish you were here to help me with my garden. You are amazing!

Dixie said...

I can't beleive your daughter is already pretending to kiss boys. Geez!