Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Lately I've been:

*canning, canning, canning. I finally finished yesterday, then threw a whole cooler full of apples away that were starting to rot. I ended up with just one leftover quart bottle. Pretty good!

*cleaning my house. We've got our home here in SF for sale. We had a couple come look at it today, so I wanted to make sure it looked good. The wife said my house "shows like a model"...not overly decorated or cluttered.

*taking Sydney to story time at the library. She loves it. There are 5 other families from our ward who go, so we've always got someone we know there. Fun for all of us.

*reading everyone's blogs, but not posting as much. Can I just say, though, that I love the "socializing" that I get from blogging and I'm so inspired by all of you. If I take the time to read your blog & make a comment, please take that as a compliment!

*staying up WAY too late doing family history. I haven't indexed as much in the past week or so, but I'm working on gathering all of the information I can on my first 5 generations & family groups, so that I kinda know which direction I need to head. Not that you care...

*doing very well on my grocery budget. Sometimes it's good to be a little strapped for cash. We all need that from time to time, I think.

*eating way too much sugar again. I've put on some weight back on. I wish I could just kick this addiction to sugar once and for all! It might help that we are completely out of sugar in our house, though. :)

8 comments:

ollie said...

This has been fun getting to know each other again.

Erin L said...

You are like, the perfect mormon mom. Someday I'll be like you...

Keri said...

Oh, Erin, please don't be fooled!!

Janae said...

You are doing such wonderful things! Staying up late to do geneology is incredible. You're helping out the Lord and lots of people in need of the gospel by staying up late.

Which house are you living in right now then, and why do you have two houses in the first place? I guess I don't know this story. And thanks for your info on budgeting. You are such an inspiration.

Emily said...

It's fun to hear what someone else is busy doing. I can't believe you are selling a home too! That is a lot to keep up on. Thank you also for the finance comments. I was anxious to hear what you would say on the matter.

Keri said...

Janae, we built a spec home in Bluffdale (near the point of the mtn), and it's been done since April. The market for pricey custom homes has dived, so we have been unable to sell it. We're really just trying to do anything we can at this point.

amanda said...

Its nice to see what your up too in everyday life

Jenson Family said...

Keri I love sugar too. I have found I am worried about what everyone else eats except me. I am always balancing out my kids meals but I just eat what is left, what is fast, don't eat, re-heat, anything but think and eat. At least you think about it before you eat it... right?