Friday, October 19, 2007

Swinging Sydney

This afternoon, I was leaving to go grocery shopping. I pushed the button to open the garage door, then stepped back inside to grab my car keys. When I got back to the door, Sydney was hanging from the garage door as it went up!! Her cute little body was just swinging ever so slightly as she hung on for dear life. I immediately pressed the button to send the door back down. After several up and down attempts--I think her legs were triggering it to go back up when she would get close to the ground--I was finally able to lower it enough for her to jump off. She was very scared and crying. It was scary for me, too, but it also made me laugh. I didn't have time to take a picture, but in my mind, I can still see my little girl in purple pants swinging...

2 comments:

amanda said...

my friends kids did that same thing but on purpose. i could see them go push the button then hold on. they would let go right before it went into the ceiling. well i went over to the parents cause they didn't know and when the dad came out his little girl let go and fell right on her face.. giving her a bloody nose and a fat lip for a couple of days. glad you got her.

Rachel said...

scary! I shouldn't even laugh about it. But, I had to becuase it reminded me of what happened to me the other day. I'm not sure if I already told you this, so if I have, just ignore! I was at the Zoo, pushing Sabrina in the stroller, and suddenly the stroller stopped. I couldn't see what it was stuck on, because the umbrella was down, so I pushed harder, thinking it was stuck on a rock. The stroller didn't move, and now I heard Sabrina cry. The stroller wasn't stuck on a rock, it was stuck on Sabrina! She had slipped out without me even noticing. It was kind of sad too, but when I told Anthony he was laughing histarically. I guess if we don't laugh about some things, we'll just end up thinking we're "bad moms" all the time, and we don't want that!