This week has been dedicated to canning. I was able to get free apples from my aunt & uncle who live nearby, as well as from Randy's grandpa in AF. Wonderful friends & neighbors loaned me some of their equipment to help get the job done. It has been a lot of hard work. I've canned:
*2 quarts of Salsa (with chile from my own garden)
*4 quarts & 1 pint of Applesauce
*4 quarts of Apple Pie Filling
*10 pints of Apple Butter
I still have TONS of apples to be used. I should be doing more canning today, and I'm tempted to, but I literally exhausted myself the past few days. (I slept in until 10am today...something I never do.) I still want to make Apple Syrup and Apple Jelly. With the looks of my apple supply, I'll be making more of everything else, too.
3 comments:
Keri, wow, good job! That is admirable! Someday I hope to become a canner. I loved all the things my mom would can growing up. We had yummy fruit in the winter and the best strawberry jam all year long (though that was in the freezer) Anyway, good job!
that all looks really good. what is apple butter for? When i start to can i'll be calling you for advise
I'm not sure what all apple butter is used for...I just put it on toast. It's basically just applesauce w/ spices that cooked down to be thicker. It is good, though.
Post a Comment